The swing bed program at Olney Hamilton Hospital provides skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services. Common Diagnoses include patients with long term IV therapy, orthopedic surgeries, (hip/knee replacements), post-surgical procedures, neurological disorders (stroke), and generalized weakness due to CHF, COPD, pneumonia, and other chronic conditions.
Swing Bed Services for patients include the following:
- 3 day Acute Care stay Required
- Medicare coverage at 100% for 20 days
- Services include Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Wound Care, and IV antibiotics
- Therapy available 6 days a week
- Skilled nursing care around-the-clock
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Social Services Consulting
- Active Physician Involvement
Our goal is to improve self care and mobility assisting patients to return to their prior level of functioning.